The role of good supervision has never been as important as it is now in the world of business and staff management. Equal and Diverse offers a one day course in supervision which assists in developing competence and building confidence in staff who are either new to supervision or who have relatively little experience of supervising staff.
The course is delivered in a format which is designed to engage all participants and uses a variety of learning styles during the day. It is highly participative in nature with a focus on embedding practical skills. Typically this involves a mixture of presentation and of trainer input, small group and individual activity, practical exercises and putting into practice that which has been learnt.
By the end of the course participants will have considered the following issues:
- The role and responsibility of the Supervisor and the perception of the supervisor role in a one to one dynamic.
- The nature of communication, including developing key listening skills; verbal and non-verbal communication; the barriers and obstacles to active and effective listening.
- Developing inter-personal skills within supervision.
- Basic steps in motivation.
- The nature of effective delegation.
- Objective setting which is realistic and meaningful.
- Leadership and management style within supervision.
- Giving critical feedback effectively.
- How to deal with challenging situations and personalities.
If you are interested in either this basic supervision courses or more in-depth training please contact us for more information.