Person centred planning
Introduction to person centred planning.
Every programme is developed in accordance with an organisation’s needs but our general and most popular one is our ‘Introduction to Person Centred Planning’ which usually lasts one or two days.
This workshop is designed for staff new to support and care services, whether they work with people with mental health needs, learning disabilities or young people in transition.
By the end of the workshop participants will have:
- Considered the principles of person centred working and planning, and their implementation within the British context.
- Explored the key values and attitudes involved in person centred working.
- Discovered and gained understanding in the PATH, MAP and Essential Lifestyle tools and models involved in person centred planning.
- Explored the concepts of capacity and contribution, personal autonomy and risk management, and the importance of including people within the local community.
- Identified possible areas for future personal and learning development in relation to person centred working and planning.
The workshop will be supported by a handbook which will be given to all participants.